Monday, January 25, 2010

Texas & Crayfish

This past weekend I went with some friends to Texas Bar. Don't be too surprised by the name. Yerevan has other bars called Western Bar, Irish Pub, That Place, all crawling with expats. Texas Bar amusingly employs face control. One must ring the bell, be told via speaker, "mi rope" (one minute), and then painfully wait outside. Eventually someone opens the wooden door, gives you a one over and lets you in. I am not sure who gets rejected. A friend strangely suggested to me men with ties. Regardless, it's quiet an experience to be in little old Armenia and drinking in a bar covered with Texas paraphernalia.

One surprising and yummy deal with your drinks included $3 all you can eat crayfish from Lake Sevan.



You have to like the little buggers...and I do. Many are disgusted by their similarities to the cockroach, (they must be distant relatives). Anyway, I urge everyone to get over it. They are tasty.

2 comments:

  1. Of course there's a Texas bar in Armenia. And of course you found it. I wouldn't expect any less!

    ReplyDelete