Friday, October 16, 2009

Who's the Boss?



Yup, that's right. Even in Yerevan, the Boss reigns supreme. A few nights ago I found this Bucknell U. poster hanging near a dark corner at Dro's Bar on Sayrian Street. I kind of freaked out when I saw.

When I tell people I come from the land of Bruce Springsteen they are not sure who he is. Then I start singing "Born in the USA" to clarify. Immediate recognition ensues. Speaking of Jersey musicians. My landlord is an elderly man. He has an inclination to play his radio loudly. Instead of the usual sounds of the news that greet me from his wall. This morning, while brushing my teeth, I was surprised not hear any news. Then, I could have sworn I heard Bon Jovi's "Wanted: Dead or Alive." Not sure, I got closer to the wall and heard, "six string on my back." Sounded like Bon Jovi to me. Not a huge fan of the song, but somehow it seemed amazing that my 80 something year-old neighbor was listening to this Jersey boy's song.

1 comment:

  1. remember when we used to go to bars together? sad. i want the place you described to be like the raven - that's what i'm picturing. but i have a feeling it's not, haha.

    ReplyDelete