Sunday, October 4, 2009

International Animation Film Festival

Yerevan is currently hosting ReAnimania, an international animation film festival. The more I learn about animation the more I am affected by how artists use the medium to portray a wide range of heavy issues. On Saturday I went to see Persepolis, which came out two years ago, but made its film debut here. The subtitles were in Armenian and the movie in French, definitely a test to my wavering comprehension of the French Language. If you haven't seen Persepolis I highly recommend watching it. It sheds some light on Iran's contemporary history.



The movie got me thinking more about the Iranian government and it's former Persian Empire. Iran is Armenia's neighbor to the south and it is not uncommon to see Iranian trucks in the streets or Iranian tourists. Some more thoughts on this later.

The film festival wraps up Tuesday, tonight they are screening "Idiots and Angels" and tomorrow, "Sita Sings the Blues."

1 comment:

  1. loved that film. saw it at e-street. cannot believe sans you!

    ReplyDelete