Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tightrope

For someone who came to Armenia to learn more about the people and politics, my work at the documentary company has taught me most about the survival of art...and challenged my views on what art actually is.

Instead of some hackneyed commentary that will bore you to death, I thought it was time to put up the trailer to the company's newest film "The Last Tightrope Dancer in Armenia." It is premiering at the International Documentary Festival in Amsterdam (IDFA) at the end of the month. IDFA just put up the trailer on YouTube. The film is about the disappearing art of tightrope dancing in Armenia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFQOaoyNl-s

3 comments:

  1. but what if i want a hackneyed commentary? where do i have to go for that? watching now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLD THE PHONE. I cannot believe what I'm watching here in this footage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, they are surprisingly endearing characters.

    ReplyDelete