Saturday, August 22, 2009

First Weekend in Yerevan


Before arriving in Armenia, I made promises to myself, friends and family that I would create a blog. Google makes it terribly easy for all humans to bore the world with rubbish. Despite my fear of being trite, I am happy to join the club. Peaches & Pomegrantes will serve as a way to keep track of my life in a new country tackling a new job and language as well as keeping myself connected.

Regarding the title, Armenia is known for its apricots and figs, but so far I have been taken by its peaches. Markets in Yerevan are selling peaches that border on the size of grapefruits. I had my first one yesterday and its sweetness had my taste buds dancing and demanding more. My first taste of pomegranate wine today sealed the deal. This country, as well as the whole region, is blessed by the fruit gods.

That's all for tonight. Must rest up for paragliding tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loove the name! Sounds like you are already having an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete